WinToFlash is a useful tool that can help you create a bootable Windows setup USB drive from a CD or DVD. WinToFlash can also make bootable USB versions of LiveCD’s.
With more and more computers being manufactured without optical drives, this tool can be particularly useful. If you need to perform a fresh installation of Windows onto machines such as a netbook, then a small utility like WinToFlash could be a good solution for you.
Key features include:
- Windows 32 bit and 64 bit full support.
- Create a USB drive with Windows XP/2003 Recovery Console.
- Create a USB drive with an emergency bootloader for Windows 2000/XP/2003.
- Fine tune any option of partitions table.
- Fine tune any option of FAT file system.
- Multiple language support.
To use WinToFlash, simply unzip the file, connect your USB drive, insert your Windows disc and choose from the available options.
Overall, WinToFlash is a good tool for both novice and experienced users. It has an easy to operate, standard explorer type user interface, coupled with some powerful features under it’s hood. The application provides a good alternative to using a Windows disc to perform clean installations of the Windows operating system.